Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on this forum for awhile, but this will be my first post. I last had a bike about 9 years ago, and my wife has agreed that when she finishes nursing school in April I can get another. I have spent the last year dreaming, and obsessing about motorcycles. I really love the the Vulcan 900, and I was hoping you good folks would address a concern I have regarding the Vulcan 900? My concern is the lack of ABS. I listen to every motorcycle podcast there is, and belong to a lot of Facebook groups, and I've heard several people talk about an accident they were involved in and how either ABS saved their hide, or how the accident they had wouldn't have been so bad if they would've had ABS. I feel like the Vulcan 900 would be perfect for me, but I have a very real concern about it not having ABS. What is your thoughts on ABS, and the 900's lack of it? I really do think the Vulcan 900 is a perfect bike! I just wish it had ABS! Can someone please convince me it's something I don't need so I can keep the dream of owning a Vulcan 900 LT alive? Or is it something that I really do need? I'd really appreciate everyone's input on this.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Custom, Hard Krome exhaust
131 Posts
If you are a good rider and practice your skills (braking, swerving, good following distance, looking for exit plans) you will do just fine without ABS. Do not let any one tell you that you HAVE to have that feature.

Practice, and enjoy that bike.

CMOS

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roadrunner70
ABS is a very nice feature.
At the current time I would guess less than 10% of all bikes on the road have it.
It's just been in the last couple of years that it has become standard on a few bikes. It has mostly been an option that most folks did not pay for.
Only you can decide how important it is to you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roadrunner70
ABS is a very nice feature.
At the current time I would guess less than 10% of all bikes on the road have it.
It's just been in the last couple of years that it has become standard on a few bikes. It has mostly been an option that most folks did not pay for.
Only you can decide how important it is to you.
Gonna have to agree with 6th gear on this one. 40 plus years on 2 wheels. Never needed abs, but its a nice feature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts