Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have opened up you Tri-Ovals to debaffle or whatever - I just want to take the end caps off (the Tri-Oval part) powder coat them and put them back on - Is this doable?

I want to do this for two reasons:

1) last year my right side exhaust bolt wiggled loose and the pipe dragged on the tip for about a half mile . . . I want to cover that area with the powder coating.

2) I think it will look awesome powdered in black or a blue to match the bike . . . I like colored exhaust tips . . .

The question is - can it be done??

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
If I remember correctly the end caps are separate and can be removed which would allow you to have them coated.

And I agree, they'll look cool!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they can be removed - I know I've seen the screws in there - just not sure how much prying will be required once I get them off . . . Hoping someone who has done this will chime in - but I always like hearing from you on mechanical issues - this way at least I know I'm not crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I have Cobra Tri-Ovals, I see the screws that appear to hold the exhaust tips in place, think you remove them to get the tips off easily.

Once you powder coat the tips, post a picture for us to see. I think it will look great.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I asked my mechanic if we had taken apart tri-ovals and he reminded me that the first set of Tri-Ovals my shop installed we took them apart b4 installing them to examine the innards. I was curious as to the baffle design and if and how it could be modified.

He reminded me how hard it was to get the end caps out, they are an EXTREMELY tight fit, and these were brand new.

Considering the damage to the one cap try that one first, if it is mucked up you can get a replacement cap from Cobra.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good plan - I will do that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts