Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 1600 Classic, it has the Power commander USB3 in it and a K & N air filter. I took in into a place a couple of years ago so they could make sure the commander was set up correctly. When I got it back it seemed ok for a while. Bust this year once I started riding it all the time it smells like it running running really rich. And it back fires a lot. I was running premium gas but with all the pooping i went to regular. It has seemed to help a little with the popping but still smells like it running really rich. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do. I hate to have to leave it in the shop, it is my main transportation right now. Any thoughts I will appreciate :confused:

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
327 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have been having a similar problem with my 900. I was able to get rid of almost all of the decel popping with the FuelPak (previous owner at that setting at 40; book setting is 16-18), but it still smells like it is running rich (raw fuel smell on accel and decel). All of the settings are correct on the FuelPak per V & H. I was told to change my spark plugs which I am going to do once I empty the current tank of fuel. Hopefully that solves the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts