Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question.. but would anyone know what is the size of my exhaust headers are on my 900 classic lt is? I'm thinking of putting on slip-ons and my local kawasaki dealer couldn't tell me so im turning to the experts. (you guys)

·
Registered
782 Posts
As far as I know, no one makes slip-ons for the 900 stock pipes. They are all one piece from where they bolt to the jugs to the end of the mufflers at the back wheel. The front jug pipe is separate from the rear jug pipe, but they are connected by a cross-over tube. The front sections do have clamp on chrome covers. But the exhaust pipe itself is welded to the muffler. There are two hose clamps holding each chrome cover on, two bolts per pipe where they mount to the jugs, and 2 bolts per muffler where they mount to the bike frame. See link below for schematic.

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/2707-kawasaki-2007-vulcan-900-classic-VN900-B7F/assemblies/76164

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like i said... I'll turn to the experts!!! you guys have been a big help! thanx

·
Registered
657 Posts
I know this is a dumb question, but have you debaffled yet? I went to step 2 and I can't imagine my bike sounding any better. To me it is perfect. It was much cheaper than buying pipes.
Different sounds for different hounds!!! If yours sounds good to you, then I strongly suspect you're done messen' with yer pipes...(just a guess)... :D As for me, I installed Cobra HP Pro 2 into 1. They were loud as hell when I first put them on, but after baffeling them down a bit, they sound puuuurfect to me...:cool:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I have the Hard Krome pipes and I want to get the Smartpartz baffles. It is just too loud. I have finally got to hear some other 900's stock lately and they aren't bad. I didn't put the pipes on the PO did, so I never got to hear them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you happen to notice the price of the stock pipes on that schematic Jeep Pirate posted? I'll never complain about after-market pipes again....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts