Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got the front fender off after tire and bearing replacement. Want to change the fork oil. Ive read on Gadgets page about changing oil with the broom stick and sucking the oil out. But it says for 2001 and earlier.
Ive got a 2002 carb 1500e and would like to know if I have a cartridge in my tubes or will Gadgets easy oil change work for me. Any information on this will be appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Started this thread almost 4 years ago with no replies. I bought a progressive spring set and in the process of changing the oil and springs. I jacked the bike up to relieve front end weight, pulled the springs out and do not see how you take the dampering rod out, in the instructions it tells to change the spring on the dampering rod depending on how much you wish to lower the bike. My instructions that came with the progressive springs tells that if you only want to lower the front 1" is to leave the stock spring on the dampening rod and install one progressive suspension lowering spring on the damper rod. Or is complete disassembly required to get the damper rod out ? Has someone done this before that would care to share the method. Your help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
If I remember right, there is an Allen bolt on the bottom of each fork that retains the dampening rod. I use an impact so it doesn't just spin.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input I appreciate it. So were you putting progressive springs in your tubes? All I can go by is gadgets fix it page and they only talk of putting the new progressive spring in and shortening the plastic spacer to add to the top they say nothing about pulling the dampening rod. Was wondering if others just put the new progressive spring in and the shortened pvc tube. any thoughts. I do want to change the springs and oil but didnot want to have to pull the rod. thanks again for the response .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts