Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 2003 Bigdog Chopper And A 2004 V2k
My Question Is This
I Am Looking At Getting Rid Of My Chopper And Am Looking At A Straight Across Trade For A 2008 V2k Lt It's A Sweet Looking Ride With NO Dings Scratches
Hard Chrome Pipes
Breather
PCIII power Commander
Only 11000 Miles
Looks Like The Headlight Is Not The Huge Nacelle Like My 04 So I Should Be Able To Add A Fairing Easily Right??
I Was Looking At A Few Different Rides For Trade But Here Is What Happened
I Took My Boy Out Yesterday For About 100Mi Ride And Damn I Freaking Really Enjoy Riding My V2k I Mean What An Awesome Ride
Smooth, Easy To Handle For Such A Tank And I Don't Seen To Have Low Speed Trouble Like Some I Have Read I Like The Feel Of Such A Big Bike For A Guy My Size...
I Wonder Is There Anything About The 2008 Model That Would Turn Anyone Away Anything I Should Look For Just Wondering If It's Virtually The Same As My 04 It Will Be A Done Deal Next Week
In The Case I Have Two Of These Beasts I Will Likely Try To Make A Bobber Style With One And A Bagger With The Other...
My Dilemma Is I Don't See The Others Match Up When I Sit On Them And Ride Them.
Sorry For The Capitals My Settings Are Fubar Lol
Thanks For Any Pros Or Cons And Experiences With The 08
Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
would I buy another v2k?

I cant speak directly to the 08,,, mine is an 04. But let me say this about the beast. other bikers find the need to down shift to excellerate by cagers, v2k guys & gals need only twist the wrist. the v2k has a good low center of gravity, it corners/turns well. rides well, If you sat on the v2k and rode, it would either identify with your riding style or not. some would say it would talk to you. I sat on an 04... I knew she was the bike for me. nearly 10 k miles in a year of daily driving locally...smiles abound. oh yeah knock on wood... other than changing oil... maintenance free

·
Registered
553 Posts
08 V2K with 33k + miles.
No problems at all.

Only complaint is replacing the rear tire every 6K.

Don't want to go dark side, so I live with it.

Great Bike!

From what I've read, the 04's are a bit quicker due to computer settings.
I don't know, never raced it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the replies I guess main thing I was wondering about is major issues like on the 04 the pulley and bearing issues but to my understanding those were resolved on the next model...

As far as the power the only upgrade to mine is freedom pipes so far and the 08 I am looking at has pipes, PC111 and breather so might be pretty close lol

as far as tires the 08 is already darkside so it will be a good time to check it out been thinking about it anyways I rode one and I liked it but didn't go far on it so we will see I like the idea of tires being cheaper and lasting longer though
thanks again
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts