Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 2007 custom I debadged it this weekend and i like it but it needs a little something. I was looking to get some vinyl graphics for now till i could paint it over the winter. i just worried that vinyl may look cheap. Now ive done some painting but im no pro. Painted a 67 mustang a few years back and did a few repairs as well as a custom paint job on my son's tricycle. so here is my question. i was thinking of painting some ghost flames on her. I have a 1/2 a gallon of clear from dupont i was going to mask of the tank and add some pearl to the clear so the flames would have a heavy pearl. then unmask a clear the whole tank with just plain clear. will this work and give my the look i want?? also would a pearl from hok work with the dupont clear ??

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Nice site Jimbo, thanks for sharing that link!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks jimbo....I have to look around maybe if I could see some of these airbrushed vinyl things in person...id feel better.....anyone out there have any experiance with them...good bad or indiffenent. I could always clear over them maybe that would help out

·
Registered
533 Posts
Couple of guys on the other Kawi forum have them and said they're really nice, and that if you clearcoat over them you can hardly tell them from actual paint. Of course, if you do that and want to take them off.......

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in case anyone is interested ...here are a few pics of the tricycle i did up for my son. Was going to paint it too match my 900. but i had the paint left over so it didnt cost me anything.....enjoy

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
oh by the way i did a quick photoshop and added some graphics I found let me know what you think. I found these graphics on the net for $13.50 with free shipping so i ordered them if they look too cheap im only out 13.50....if they look awesome im only out 13.50.....they will be in on monday so ill see then if i like them. they look good in the pic i shopped..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a quick update ... I got the vinyl graphics I photoshoped in today and installed them they look pretty good but looks like it may make it hard to wash and wax the bike because of the many small points on the flames. Clear coating them would help this but i may just keep them on ffor the season maybe 2 then do a full custom paint job over the winter. Ill post some pics in the next day or so so you can see how they look and compare to my photoshop just for haha's

·
Registered
339 Posts
Those flames look Awesome Ron, love the trike too, nice job :D

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Just a quick update ... I got the vinyl graphics I photoshoped in today and installed them they look pretty good but looks like it may make it hard to wash and wax the bike because of the many small points on the flames. Clear coating them would help this but i may just keep them on ffor the season maybe 2 then do a full custom paint job over the winter. Ill post some pics in the next day or so so you can see how they look and compare to my photoshop just for haha's
Yeah, show us that debadged vinyl-clad beauty!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the sun finally came out today, just in time for the flag day run, over 700 bikes showed up it was great. Anyway I finally got some pics of the grahpics. They look good but they do need to be clear coated. While washing the bike the points of the flames want to get caught up on the ragand stuff. I also think I got the angle of them too low. Was triing to keep them on the sides of the tank. I will leave them for now but i may get another set and put them on this winter and clear them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts