Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to change all my turn signals to LED, and I want to use a digital relay instead of load equalizers. Problem I am having if finding one that is a guaranteed plug and play for my Vaquero. Would appreciate if anybody could hook me up with a link to one.

Also, if someone could tell me where the flasher relay actually lives on my bike? That'd be awesome :grin2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, seems that due to the self cancel turn signals you cannot just change the flasher relay to an electronic one but instead need to use resistors or canbus 'error free' leds . However these are 'plug and play' as your bike does not have back feed problems with the turn signal warning lamp which can cause four way flashers. Just so you know the flasher relay/self cancel unit is located under the seat in front of the battery box.

Hope this helps

Radar

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
When I switched all my lights to LED's on my '13 Voyager I discovered that the rear turn signals had reverse polarity. Go figure. Swapped the wires and the LED's worked like a charm. I used the load resistors. Just toss this in the for what it's worth file.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
What's wrong with them flashing fast? Is it illegal or something?
I guess most people are just used to them flashing at a certain rate and can't make the adjustment to them flashing anything but that. Especially us older folk who don't cotton much to change anyway. Who knows, somewhere there might just be some law that specifies a certain flash rate. Try not to mention it too much or king Obama might see to it that there is such a law. :grin2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, in the UK there is and has for a long time been such a law! The indicators must flash at between 60 and 120 times a minute, most vehicles are nearer the 60 as 120 'seems' too fast.

Radar

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Hi, in the UK there is and has for a long time been such a law! The indicators must flash at between 60 and 120 times a minute, most vehicles are nearer the 60 as 120 'seems' too fast.

Radar
Same in US, 60 - 120 flashes per minute. 49 CFR 571.108. The turn signal indicator on the dash, speedo, whatever, must also flash significantly faster or be solid on if there is a blown bulb, not that any LEO is going to notice the rate that the indicator is cycling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts