Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a dobeck fuel manager, for the guys who have used this, what did you do to disable the o2 sensor. I have used search and found nothing, searched Google and not Found what I am looking for.

If someone could just direct me to the proper thread too read.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
According to that post US models do not have O2 sensors, so I am wondering what are the two sensors that go into the catalytic convertors on our bikes? mine is a 2013 900 custom

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I thought there were 2 classes of most Vulcans. A California model and 1 for the rest of the states. Thinking the Cali model had the O2 sensors due to their high EPA standards and strict emissions. I could be wrong of course. But I have heard that some guys that have changed out their exhaust keep the stock pipes, just to go through the inspections and pass every year. I cannot speak to how to bypass them of course. Thinking you could just remove them, but in the end might need a fuel processor to balance things out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought there were 2 classes of most Vulcans. A California model and 1 for the rest of the states. Thinking the Cali model had the O2 sensors due to their high EPA standards and strict emissions. I could be wrong of course. But I have heard that some guys that have changed out their exhaust keep the stock pipes, just to go through the inspections and pass every year. I cannot speak to how to bypass them of course. Thinking you could just remove them, but in the end might need a fuel processor to balance things out.
That would make sense except I am from the Philippines. With my luck
I wound up with the only California emissions bike in my country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts