Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Fairly new rider, and brand new owner of a not-so-brand new 2012 VN900 LT. I'm absolutely in love with this bike, and I got it for a steal at a local dealer. I have a question for those of you a bit more experienced with these bikes than I:

It came fully dressed, which I was ecstatic about, however there are definitely going to be times I'm going to want to ride bag-less and sissy-bar-less. When I take the bags off, there are 2 large studs on either side that run through the rear brackets, and my question is, what can be done about these when the bags are not in use? Are there smaller studs that I can order and place, or do I just need to invest in some bolt covers?
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
67 Posts
there is an ex mount system for bags you may want to look into and a similar one for sissy bars

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hey guys! Fairly new rider, and brand new owner of a not-so-brand new 2012 VN900 LT. I'm absolutely in love with this bike, and I got it for a steal at a local dealer. I have a question for those of you a bit more experienced with these bikes than I:

It came fully dressed, which I was ecstatic about, however there are definitely going to be times I'm going to want to ride bag-less and sissy-bar-less. When I take the bags off, there are 2 large studs on either side that run through the rear brackets, and my question is, what can be done about these when the bags are not in use? Are there smaller studs that I can order and place, or do I just need to invest in some bolt covers?
Thanks so much!
look up on cheapcycleparts.com and buy the classic hardware .... it a little different than the LT stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, sorry for going AWOL. Thanks for all the responses. I'm going to grab the classic hardware, and get it looking nice. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts