Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well without boring you with a long list of details...

Short guy ( 5'3") riding a Vulcan 900 Classic LT..

The rear brake pedal is a little bit out of reach for my short legs, what would be the best way to remedy this situation?

I have looked at the kuryakyn brake pedal but cannot tell if it is bigger than the stock pedal.

One option i was looking at is possibly cutting the bar and rewelding.. or drilling bolt holds in the factory bar to move the pedal closer to my foot.

Suggestions?

The shifter is not bad, the heel shifter ill never use cannot get use to it.

Currently factory studded seat, have considered a mustang seat as i have read they will help with a short rider.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Keeble You could try to repossition the pedal. Just take the bold out and put pedal back on the spline at a different place. This may make it higher up.Also if you get a mustang seat it will push you forward a little,mite help.A brick is better than that factory seat.Hope it works out for you.Ps make sure to put bolt back.Have a great ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keeble You could try to repossition the pedal. Just take the bold out and put pedal back on the spline at a different place. This may make it higher up.Also if you get a mustang seat it will push you forward a little,mite help.A brick is better than that factory seat.Hope it works out for you.Ps make sure to put bolt back.Have a great ride.
Just don't get a Mustang with backrest or you'll be back farther & up higher.:eek:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You might also consider taking your seat to an upholsterer and have him put some extra foam in the lumbar area to move you forward just a bit. Or you could have a custom seat made, like a Russell Daylong saddle. Just let them know your needs and they will accommodate you to the greatest extent possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts