Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Will these work with the stock risers on a 900 custom?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know

First off. You would need Classic risers. Customs are welded to the bars.
i bought them off of a fellow forum member. they're getting mailed to me on Monday...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They will work fine then with the Classic risers and without cable swap. There are many posts on bars here.
i've read that you don't need a cable swap if you're changing the bars to 10" or less while using the stock risers from the classic.

i'm more concerned about the controls being ok and with my ISO Grips just wondering if i'll have enough room with the controls and the grips.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice

You'll be fine. Plenty of space. You have 11 1/2" to work with each side.
sweet. i was planning on ordering them anyway but i just wanted some reassurance. i will post picks up as son as i'm done.

thanx a bunch

·
Registered
851 Posts
I didn't put the Z bars on, but I installed Mini 9" apes on my classic LT and didnt have any problems with my cables. I think your gonna really enjoy those new bars, when I installed my apes it felt like a new ride and with better control in the turns. All I need is now is some warmer weather to get out on a long ride to see how they feel for distance. I'll be waiting for those pics! Ride safe!

·
Registered
658 Posts
sweet. i was planning on ordering them anyway but i just wanted some reassurance. i will post picks up as son as i'm done.

thanx a bunch
Can't wait too see pics.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
658 Posts
me neither :)
Do you ever ride east to the island? I'm on the north shore. PM me if you are ever out my way, there is some nice riding here.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you ever ride east to the island? I'm on the north shore. PM me if you are ever out my way, there is some nice riding here.
Definitely will. I don't know LI much but I just Ride the LIE until the end and back. We could hit some nice roads of you know any.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Definitely will. I don't know LI much but I just Ride the LIE until the end and back. We could hit some nice roads of you know any.

You ride out to Riverhead? There is a nice road off of the LIE around Manorville (exit 71). Like most of the LI Motorcycle rides, it's a short loop with a few twists and turns. LI is all about short routes as opposed to long runs.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You ride out to Riverhead? There is a nice road off of the LIE around Manorville (exit 71). Like most of the LI Motorcycle rides, it's a short loop with a few twists and turns. LI is all about short routes as opposed to long runs.
To be honest, I've gotten lost around there on purpose but I don know where I was... I just rode around for and hour with no sense of direction and ended back by the LIE. Was fun an there are some very nice twisters in there. But we should meet up and go data ride. Maybe even invite some members from here and set a date for a nice ride.

·
Registered
658 Posts
To be honest, I've gotten lost around there on purpose but I don know where I was... I just rode around for and hour with no sense of direction and ended back by the LIE. Was fun an there are some very nice twisters in there. But we should meet up and go data ride. Maybe even invite some members from here and set a date for a nice ride.

Sounds like a plan. I work six days a week so Sunday is usually the best day for me. Let's figure it out when the weather gets a little more consistent. I usually meet up with people at that HESS just off of LIE 71. Send me a PM when you get a second and we'll figure out ride details and then post up a meet up thread.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a plan. I work six days a week so Sunday is usually the best day for me. Let's figure it out when the weather gets a little more consistent. I usually meet up with people at that HESS just off of LIE 71. Send me a PM when you get a second and we'll figure out ride details and then post up a meet up thread.
Same here. Sundays are my only definite day off if I can pry my girlfriend away. LoL. But we coup definitely set something up. I know there are more than a few herein queens I can meet up with and then head out to meet you and your buddies. You could give all of us a tour of the twisties and sights of the North fork. I heard there's a ferry up there to mystic or something like that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
658 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts