Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there ANY company out there that sells a heel-toe shifter for the 900 custom? I have found one for the 800, but it seems nothing exist for the 900..what up?

Thanks,

·
Registered
159 Posts
You might try MC Enterprises. I have a Mean Streak and, like so many other things, nothing was available for it. I ordered their heel & toe shifter & floor boards. I had to do a little bending but, I am happy with the result.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I was thinking that most heel-toe shifters are made basically the same with minor mount and hardware differences. I have installed heel-toe on Goldwing before and it was pretty simple.
Which model bike to you order them for? How much different is the Mean Streak (frame-wise) than the Custom?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks,

I was thinking that most heel-toe shifters are made basically the same with minor mount and hardware differences. I have installed heel-toe on Goldwing before and it was pretty simple.
Which model bike to you order them for? How much different is the Mean Streak (frame-wise) than the Custom?
I have a Mean Streak. As I remember, I replaced the pegs with floor boards but, the shifter mechanism just fit over the existing shifter. I have had it for over 2 years and it works well.

I do not know about any frame differences.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Realist...but

Thanks for the reply Realist, however, do you remember which brand and for what model did you buy for your heel/toe shifter?
Is the Mean Streak's toe shifter similar to the Vulcan 900 Custom?

Thanks again,

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry, it took a while to find the paperwork.

The product is an MC Enterprises product. It is right on the floorboard. The part number is: 300-43.It says that the applications include Mean Streak, Marauder and Boulevard. There may be other models.

Hope that helps good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Is there ANY company out there that sells a heel-toe shifter for the 900 custom? I have found one for the 800, but it seems nothing exist for the 900..what up?

Thanks,
would a 900 classic heel and .toe fit ... i never use mine, i have been riding to many toe shifters for to many years to even think about using it. I am not at home till tomorrow so i cant even check on my custom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts