Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently upgraded my stock seat (finally) to a Willie & Max Black Lable 2-Seat Tourer and I love it (as does my wife) however I need a more comfortable riding position. Right now with the drag bars on the custom I find myself in a slouched position. I'm 6'0" and have a fairly long arm reach. I would like to move to either 10" ape's or even a 10" Z bar.
I realize I need to get a riser due to the Custom's stock handlebars and this brings me to my question: Since 10" is the limit from what I've read on here before needing to get new cables, how long can I go on the risers with a 10'' in bar before needing to get new cables?

Thanks in advance and keep your eyes out for a review of the W&M seat...I have about 250mi on it right now and should be doing one at around 500 to give an inital and "broken in" impression.

-Delta

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put 10" apes on my classic with no issues on rerouting and none of the cables are tight. I'm close to your height (6'1) and just did a review of a taller seat (Mustang) with the apes.

Perhaps look for a set of classic risers on the site or on ebay. There is a set on ebay for 60 bucks.

EDIT: For what its worth, I measured my stock risers...they are 2"

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
If you get the stock classic risers (if you search the forums, you can usually find them) it will work with 10'' bars I gave my risers to a buddy for his Custom and he had 10'' bars on it.

I had to buy new risers to add my 10" bars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts