Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering about the different aftermarket air intakes. Suppose your not a fair weather rider (I can't afford to be). What happens when it's raining? I mean what keeps the element from getting soaked? What keeps it from clogging the element or even water vapor from being sucked into the intake?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Baron BAK comes with a rain "hat" that slips on over the element. It's the only one that does. I run the Ness and have only been caught in a brief shower once with no apparent problem, although I think that prolonged exposure to rain could be a problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jimbo, do you happen to know what the rain "hat" is made of? Thinking maybe I could get a cheaper one and make my own "hat". Around here the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes". I'm still interested in whether there are those that have ridden extensively during the rainy season w/ one of these.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry, I don't. PErhaps someone on here who has the BAK can help you there. I read a thread one time about a rider who made his own and can't remember what it was he used.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the BAK and have ridden hours at a time in the rain, interstate and stop & go, and have heard a hiccup out of the bike. The "hat" resembles a garter that wraps around the element, was worried at first about it blowing off at speed--trust me you won't lose it! Not sure exactly what it is made of but it works and it comes with the kit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the BAK and have ridden hours at a time in the rain, interstate and stop & go, and have heard a hiccup out of the bike. The "hat" resembles a garter that wraps around the element, was worried at first about it blowing off at speed--trust me you won't lose it! Not sure exactly what it is made of but it works and it comes with the kit.
Thanks you two. Redknob, I'm assuming you meant you "have not" heard a hiccup out of the bike, am I right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts