Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an observation. I changed my Cobra 2 into 1 hp muffler for a Hard Chrome side burner 2 into 1( much louder) and noticed that the bike will rev higher without any problem. I guess this can be attributed to the larger opening on the muffler and the ability of the engine to breathe easier? Either way I can rev higher and shift later because it sounds like the engine isn't working as hard. I also had to adjust the first pot on the cobra FI2000 fuel controller up 2 positions. Still backfiring a little might have to go higher. Does this sound about right?
Klink

·
Registered
578 Posts
The first pot is your normal cruise setting, idle to 5000 rpm +/-. The second is power enrichment under quick, hard throttle. The third is for full throttle enrichment. Cobra sets them at 3-5-0 as a baseline. This was too rich on mine and I backed it down a little to 1-3-0. I would run it at a steady 50mph or so and shut it off, pull over and check one of the spark plugs to get an idea of the mixture, not just adjust it to get rid of trailing throttle backfires. But that's just me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts