Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question. I am looking at installing slip ons and air and a pvc-5 fuel.Not sure how the pvc works. When I had my harley I needed 02 sensors in the exhaust in order for the controller to read what was happening. Will I need 02 sensors installed in exhaust for the pvc to read or not. Thanks to all that respond.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have D&D slip-ons, K&N filter in the stock box, and a PCV w/ignition and on my Vaquero it doesn't have a 02 sensor. If you hook up a auto tuner to the PCV it will have a 02 sensor that you'll have to install into the header pipe. Give me your email and I'll send you a couple of maps you can try when get the PCV hooked up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diehard for the infomation and for the offer of maps. When I get it hooked up I will take you up on your offer of maps. Won't be for a while as I am looking at 4 feet of snow in my yard as I am emailing you.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Dam, 4' of snow, you must live further north than I do, here in Illinois all the snow is almost all melted. You can always download the PCV software program you'll need right from Power Commander website, here's the link! You can set it up and have the map ready to go before/after you get the PCV installed. What PCV are you buying 17-006 (fuel only) or 17-033 w/ignition? The 17-033 has a bit more wires to run but not that bad to hook up. Just let me know when you want the maps!

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Downloads/powercommander_downloads.aspx?ProdType=PCV

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am about 250 miles north of Grand Forks, ND in Manitoba. I will be using the 17-006 fuel only as I am only putting on V&H slipons and air. I am assuming that the PVC 5 is a plug and play.Thanks for the link. I will let you know when I am ready for the maps. Thanks again

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am thinking of adding a PCV to my 2010 Voyager to try and help cool it down for my spouse. I am in Fargo, ND, thinking about looking for one and getting it put in before all the snow finally melts. I have Cobra Tri-Ovals installed with the stock air-box yet. I will be following this thread also.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings Snowcatnut: I am going to be adding the V&H twin slash round slipons. As far as air I am undecided. Last time I had a Nomad I added slipons and K&N filter in the stock box with no controller however from everyone I talk to things have changed since 2007. I like chucksters air mod however I may just use the stock air box with the K&N. One thing for sure is I will be using the PCV 5 for fuel management to try to get the best out of the bike performance wise without breaking the bank.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I am thinking of adding a PCV to my 2010 Voyager to try and help cool it down for my spouse. I am in Fargo, ND, thinking about looking for one and getting it put in before all the snow finally melts. I have Cobra Tri-Ovals installed with the stock air-box yet. I will be following this thread also.
One of the first things you can do to reduce the heat is to wrap the pipes.
Only cost about $38 and isn't hard to do. Makes a big difference too.
Do you need more info on that?
Adding a PCV will let it run better & cooler.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks davidsheek for the reply. Yes I would like some information on wrapping the pipes on my Nomad such what kind of wrap, where to purchase and how to. I am assuming that this is the headpipes and that the heat shields will still fit well afterwards

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just did my 2013 voyager. I bought TitaniumPlus Vulcan Dual Tone Ultra Exhaust Wrap 2 http://r.ebay.com/DiK3jr worked like a charm and was able to put the heat shield back on after. I suggest using 2 inch by 50 ft wrap. Wrap it with a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch overlap. I started from the back and worked my way forward, but you need two people to make tight and remove the exhaust for best results. This wrap doesn't need to be soaked in water which is a big plus. Good luck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jarhead1992 for the information and the site. I will have to pickup some. I just purchased my V&H twin slash rounds and am going to stay with stock air box with K&N filter. Got to order my PVC5 yet

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you haven't bought the k&n yet I will sell you mine if you want it. It's still in the box. I bought it but never installed it cause I got a big air kit. $45 and it's yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not all exhaust wrap is created equal. Check the max temp of the wrap you decide to buy. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks TS Tinker. I will check out the site. Thanks for the tip. Jarhead thanks for the offer. Wish I had known before this. I just purchased the pipes and K&N this morning. Deal is done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts