Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took off my American Classic II exhaust from Hard Krome. went to pull off my PCIII but need to raise the tank to remove it, the connections are under there. anyway went for a ride and the bike pulls so much harder. I am going to ride for awhile with the PC on and then pull the plugs to see if it is running to rich. what does everybody think about this, any problem besides running rich? has a lot more torque, bought the bike with these pipes already on and PO did not have the PCIII accessories. one thing I did notice is the bike seems to vibrate a little more in the upper rpms. think leaving the PC on will cause any problems? this is all new to me.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
No, shouldn't be an issue. You may need to set it a little leaner but all motorcycles come from the factory running lean with today's EPA smog rules and would benefit with have a fuel processor to make them run like they should.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
ol' school thanks for the reply. kind of makes sense, going to run it like this for awhile.
Why did you take the Hard Krome pipes off? And what are you going to do with them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too loud for an old man. my friends make me ride way back so they have to listen to them. trying to sell locally in the Memphis, Tn area before fooling with shipping.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The vibes increase I noticed too when going back to the stock exhaust from a de-baffled version ... the increased back-pressure seems to cause it somehow.

·
Registered
529 Posts
one thing I did notice is the bike seems to vibrate a little more in the upper rpms. think leaving the PC on will cause any problems? this is all new to me.

I found that when my fueling is a bit off, I get significantly more vibration. For what it's worth, I would get the bike remapped for stock pipes if you plan on keeping that configuration. You may also try looking for a map for a "stock" bike and trying that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts