Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike came with the saddlemen renegade solo seat. . . wife wanted to join me from time to time on the road. . . so I found this gem on CL for FIFTY BUCKS! couldn't pass that up for an unused LT seat.

It fit with a few washers under the adapter just fine. . . but man it looks out of place or something. I dunno. It's actually quite comfortable for me, as I'm tall and it sits higher than the renegade.

What do you all think? Out of place??

·
Registered
132 Posts
I put a seat off a Classic on my '07 Custom that I got off CL for $50 as well. It's not the LT one with the chrome studs though. I think it would look much better on your blacked out SE without the studs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put a seat off a Classic on my '07 Custom that I got off CL for $50 as well. It's not the LT one with the chrome studs though. I think it would look much better on your blacked out SE without the studs.
Ya, I agree. Not a fan of the stud look on this particular application. Perhaps I can find someone who wants to trade :)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I think it would look neat if you could color the studs black, Don't know what would stick to it though. Probably be more work than what it is worth. But still would look cool, IMO

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it would look neat if you could color the studs black, Don't know what would stick to it though. Probably be more work than what it is worth. But still would look cool, IMO
LoL, that's wild you mentioned that..I was just browsing google with "how to black-out studs". . . I guess someone used enamel paint with some success...but man, that's gonna be a lot of detail work to get it perfect!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
LoL, that's wild you mentioned that..I was just browsing google with "how to black-out studs". . . I guess someone used enamel paint with some success...but man, that's gonna be a lot of detail work to get it perfect!
Greats minds think alike, but by that theory so should the bad ones. I wonder what category we would fall in.:confused:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greats minds think alike, but by that theory so should the bad ones. I wonder what category we would fall in.:confused:
I must admit I considered a Sharpie. Categorize it how you will. LoL. Good times.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I must admit I considered a Sharpie. Categorize it how you will. LoL. Good times.
I was going to mention keeping a paint marker in your tool compartment, that way when you rubbed the paint off, you could always touch it up on the go. :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nail polish.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
if you had something else with studs it would look fine, as a stand alone it does seem out of place. But then again, is it the ride or the cool factor :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you had something else with studs it would look fine, as a stand alone it does seem out of place. But then again, is it the ride or the cool factor :)
Indeed. It wasn't so much the studs for me as the overall shape of the passenger seat in relation to the lines of the rear fender.

All in all it's gonna happen for 2-uping :) I'll swap back to the renegade solo for just me.

***runs away to find wife's black nail polish*** ahem...what?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I feel what you are saying. I purchased a 2 up seat and sissy bar for my Mean Streak so my wife (GF at the time) could ride with me. Hated the looks but well you know where I am heading with this.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I feel what you are saying. I purchased a 2 up seat and sissy bar for my Mean Streak so my wife (GF at the time) could ride with me. Hated the looks but well you know where I am heading with this.
That's why my wife just got her own bike. Granted she had 0 interest in 2-up riding from the get go.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Well when we first got together, she was one of the typical "anti-motorcycle" person. I finally talked her in to getting on the back of it and she loved it. So when I got it I was fueling a flame to keep her as a "Pro-Motorcycle" person. Fast forward a few years, she has had her own bike and does not understand why she used to feel like she did.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well when we first got together, she was one of the typical "anti-motorcycle" person. I finally talked her in to getting on the back of it and she loved it. So when I got it I was fueling a flame to keep her as a "Pro-Motorcycle" person. Fast forward a few years, she has had her own bike and does not understand why she used to feel like she did.
This is my exact plan of attack. She loves riding 2up though but is a bit scared of it all. I hope she falls in love with the bike and open road and in a few seasons IF I'm ready to move into a bigger bike or perhaps another vulcan. . . she can take over this one! Haha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts