Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
No & I have a Avon 200 for sale that wouldn't fit my bike with out the pulley but I think my bike is the only one that hasn't fit so far.

I'd like to get the rear pulley so I can then use it.Maybe next year or the year after as the darkside is just getting broke in good with 4000 miles on it

·
Registered
719 Posts
The diameter of the Avon 200 bigger than the Metzler. With a 2" drop the Avon will rub the inner splash shield. The Avon w/o the drop but w/pulley is supposed to fit. Avon with a 2" drop + pulley will not work. I have the 2" drop but not the pulley. Longer drive belts are not available in any market sector.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Not many people are running the Avon so getting to the true answer may be a problem. I thought I've heard of people running the Avon w/pulley but can't be positive since I usually don't read pulley threads. If someone knows how much the wheel got pulled in with the new pulley you could take some measurements and see if would clear inside the fender. You could always measure the diameter of the new pulley and calculate the effect at the swingarm.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Most have been able to put the 200 on but mine must have a shorter belt or something.I even took the splash guard off after it melted but still hit the swing arm bar @ highway speeds.I like to mention this so if you try it, make sure you have a 1/4 inch clearance or it will hit.

My ajuster's are on the 3rd mark, so if yours are on the 4th atleast you will be ok

·
Registered
941 Posts
I don't under stand how the Avons are taller then the Metzeler. If it is a 200 width and the sidewall is 70% of the width shouldn't that number be the same?

Or is it that the 70% of width is just sidewall not including the tread? So they have a higher arc of tread?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts