Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody or can anybody list all of the pulley choices for the 900? Where to get them and what they look like? I've seen the scootworks version and aparrently there are a couple of other versions of the rear pulley as well. One was mentioned on the site here. Let's be honest, the stock rear pulley is crummy looking. Thanks in advance for the help folks!!!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Does anybody or can anybody list all of the pulley choices for the 900? Where to get them and what they look like? I've seen the scootworks version and aparrently there are a couple of other versions of the rear pulley as well. One was mentioned on the site here. Let's be honest, the stock rear pulley is crummy looking. Thanks in advance for the help folks!!!

I just ordered the front and rear (chromed) pulley from meancycle, (at this page http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?CompanyID=0&BikeType=Cruiser&BikeModelID=5764 ) ..... under performance engine parts...$549 for the pair shipped, no tax if you live outside of Tn. Made by scootworks and was in stock at the time of ordering .. (chrome rear only) The other was avail by ordering or contacting this guy Myron Schneider at this email address.
[email protected]

See this post

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1110

I should have them installed by the end of next week, just in time for my trip, by all accounts of what i read, I am truly expecting a dfiferent bike once installed. It will be interesting. Cheers Maurice:)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
To my knowledge, Scootworks is the only one making a front pulley and they also make a rear.

A guy named Myron Schneider makes a really attractive rear pulley. You can see it and get his email address in this thread.

If you decide to go with the Scootworks product(s), i would strongly suggest you purchase from MeanCycles. They won't charge your card until they ship, and the shipping is free.

There is another option that Meancycles offers, but it's not quite what you asked about, and it's really pricey. You can go with a Mimic rear wheel/pulley combination that allows you to run a 240 tire. You'll need another fender and have to do some extra work to get it to install correctly too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I saw a thread on this forum where someone took off the original, had it chrome plated and put back on. Looked alot better and wasn't pricey if I remember correctly. An option I'm considering.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts