Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was fun while it lasted but I traded the Kawi 900 Custom SE on a brand new 2012 Victory Cross Country. :D

Got a smokin' deal, a low, low rate, $500 worth of free apparel/accessories and a $50 gift card from the Allstate agent out front of the dealership.

I decided I needed something with more power and a 6th gear and loads of storage space. The bike is AWESOME! Stereo w/iPod hookup, cruise control (not a throttle lock), digital gear indicator, trip/mpg/range computer, etc.

If you are considering a new or bigger bike I recommend taking a look at Victory, especially if you want an American bike but are not into joining the "flock".

And no, I do not work for Victory, just a happy customer. I support good manufacturers with good word of mouth communication.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Fantastic! Don't be a stranger around here!

I'm a big fan of these new victories!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Congrats! Post some pics. The Vic Cross Country is on my short list when the time comes.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
yes, please post pics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well it was fun while it lasted but I traded the Kawi 900 Custom SE on a brand new 2012 Victory Cross Country....
I did NEARLY the same thing on 1 June for a 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour.

It's an INCREDIBLE bike - I've put nearly 5,000 miles on it and I haven't really been anywhere (no road trips) - just cruising the back-roads of Missouri.

Miles of smiles!

(and yes - there ARE pics on my profile here, lol)

:D :) :) :) :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
If I decide to let the 900 go, it will be for a Victory. I might even try to tour the plant since they are made here in Iowa.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Looks like you got a great deal on a nice ride. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on your new scoot, Victorys seem to be excellent bikes, Harley-style heft, power and character, but with modern engine and suspension design and technology, and they seem to keep innovating and improving each year, adding new models, etc.

Just wondering, what did your Victory dealer allow you on your 900C as a trade-in, considering its year model and mileage, if you don't mind sharing? SH.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We rode over to the Victory dealer in Fort Dodge, Iowa a couple of weekends ago. I test rode a white one. Unbelievable!!! Best ride I've been on. Heated grips and seat etc. I will own one in 2 years. Going to always keep my 11 custom though! Yes, they are built at the Polaris factory in Spirit Lake. But Im pretty sure their "freedom" motors are built in Mexico.

The Engines are built in Osceola, Wisconsin and shipped to the plant in Spirit Lake.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jealous you beat me to the finish line. I have been drooling over the Cross Country Tourer for months. Planning on one in a year or so.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on your new scoot, Victorys seem to be excellent bikes, Harley-style heft, power and character, but with modern engine and suspension design and technology, and they seem to keep innovating and improving each year, adding new models, etc.

Just wondering, what did your Victory dealer allow you on your 900C as a trade-in, considering its year model and mileage, if you don't mind sharing? SH.
The Vic dealer gave me $5500 trade on it. It had a Kawi windshield, Hardstreet bags and a Saddlemen solo seat. We started negotiating at $4k!:eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. This post inspired me to go to the Victory website and check out the Cross Country. Nice bike, but did I read the specs correctly.....air/oil cooled engine? Too rich for my blood.

Oh yeah, no offense taken for implying us 900 owners are little boys. LOL :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congrats on the new bike. This post inspired me to go to the Victory website and check out the Cross Country. Nice bike, but did I read the specs correctly.....air/oil cooled engine? Too rich for my blood.

Oh yeah, no offense taken for implying us 900 owners are little boys. LOL :D
No offense intended, just that all my bikes before have been 1100 or smaller. This brute is a 1731! Only 94hp but 109 ft/lbs of torque. Its the largest bike I have ever owned both in size and power.

I wanted to post pics but I cant remember my Photobucket ID and PW. Google 2012 Victory Cross Country. Mine is the Red/Silver. I sprung for that color because it was only available in 2012. It was $1000 more but I told myself that I was not going to compromise as this will probably be the last bike I ever buy and I love the color combination.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts