1,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
3 Posts
Got the risers installed, see this post in the Vaquero Owners Thread to see pics.

Vaquero owners thread
Did you have to get longer control cables, or did these work with the stock controls on the 2011 stock Vaquero 1700? I see Chuckster as a set of black risers on his website that has a 1 3/4" rise and 1 1/4 pull? My problem is after some distance riding I get tightness between my shoulder-blades and want to add risers that would help eliminate the tightness. getting old can suck....:) Did you achieve what you were looking for when you added your risers. Hope this is still active and you are still around to reply.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't think he's still around...
Roadie
Premium Member
Premium Member · From Wimberley, Texas (Austin)
Joined Feb 15, 2011
Last seen Apr 14, 2015

But that's what'll happen if you try to breathe life back into a dead thread.

I have Chuckster's risers on my Voyager, and for me they work well. I couldn't have gone any higher without changing out the front brake line.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki Vaquero 1700
3 Posts
I don't think he's still around...
Roadie
Premium Member
Premium Member · From Wimberley, Texas (Austin)
Joined Feb 15, 2011
Last seen Apr 14, 2015

But that's what'll happen if you try to breathe life back into a dead thread.

I have Chuckster's risers on my Voyager, and for me they work well. I couldn't have gone any higher without changing out the front brake line.
Peg, what is the rise and pull on the risers you have? Figured it was a long shot when I made my post/reply to the thread, but hey, no harm, no foul!

·
Registered
745 Posts
The same as Chuckster's black ones you mentioned earlier - 1 3/4" rise and 1 1/4" pull-back. I put them on for a Mustang seat which sat me a little further back, and left them in place for the RDL that we use now, despite the RDL being a little closer to the bars.

Reactions: Bob Mobley
21 - 26 of 26 Posts