Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a pull-back riser for the Vaquero, OTHER THAN from Scootworks. I would not consider them, after hearing numerous negative stories of people not receiving items, not being able to communicate with them after payment is made, etc. etc. I would like to get an inch or two more pull-back to relax my riding position a bit.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Does anyone know of a pull-back riser for the Vaquero, OTHER THAN from Scootworks. I would not consider them, after hearing numerous negative stories of people not receiving items, not being able to communicate with them after payment is made, etc. etc. I would like to get an inch or two more pull-back to relax my riding position a bit.
I looked at the ones from Roaring Twinz, they have direct bolt -ons and have cables to fit.

http://roaringtwinz.com/products-page/handlebars/kawasaki-vaquero-13-handlebars/

·
Registered
494 Posts
Chuckser mak a pair that will work I think 2in up and 2in back not a bad price either.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuckser mak a pair that will work I think 2in up and 2in back not a bad price either.
Thanks, I'll check with him right away!
Einstein, I am not looking for apes; just risers. Roaring Toyz values those bars too high for me!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks, I'll check with him right away!
Einstein, I am not looking for apes; just risers. Roaring Toyz values those bars too high for me!
Yeah, I figured that out after I posted :eek:
And I agree with that on the Roaring Toyz comment, plus the nearly $300 for cables and such :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Handlebar Risers for the Vaquero

I corresponded with with Joe Norris at ChucksterCustoms.com and he states that he does have Risers for the Vaquero and Voyager. They are in chrome at this time and maybe have powered coated Black ones available soon.

The chrome ones are $70 here if shipped within the USA.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I corresponded with with Joe Norris at ChucksterCustoms.com and he states that he does have Risers for the Vaquero and Voyager. They are in chrome at this time and maybe have powered coated Black ones available soon.

The chrome ones are $70 here if shipped within the USA.
Here's what I got from him. "Good morning Tim,
I have risers that will gain you 1-1/2" of rise, and 1-1/4" of pullback , they are chrome. I'm thinking of taking a set and painting them instead of chrome, would that work for your application?"

Regards Joe

I'm just wondering if 1.25" of pullback would be noticeable enough to justify doing it. I might ask him for an unfinished set, so I can have them powdercoated to match the other stuff I had powdercoated.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
He told me tonight that there is a powder coater in the same town and he was going to contact them next week to see what it would cost and then email the total amount for powder coated ones. I want my in flat black.

I think with size up and pull back size, we will not have to worry about our factory cable lengths.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Just got this from Joe at Chuckster Customs, I do not have a Voyager, so can any of you do this and email him what you find and the year model, I am gonna do this for him for my 2011 Vaquero.

He email states:

"I want to know the diameter of the base of the factory handlebar clamp. This can be done with calipers or take a piece of paper say 1/4" wide and 4" long, wrap the paper around the base and mark it where it comes in contact with the other end. Now lay it out flat and tell me the length. I can figure the diameter from there.

Reason is some of the Voyagers had some larger bases and smaller ones.

The black your saying is flat no shine, if you can send me a couple pics I can show the powder coater.

Regards
Joe Norris
517-474-2663
[email protected]"

Maybe if we can get him this info, we can get risers that fit perfectly and not only in Chrome but also in Flat Black.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just got this from Joe at Chuckster Customs, I do not have a Voyager, so can any of you do this and email him what you find and the year model, I am gonna do this for him for my 2011 Vaquero.

He email states:

"I want to know the diameter of the base of the factory handlebar clamp. This can be done with calipers or take a piece of paper say 1/4" wide and 4" long, wrap the paper around the base and mark it where it comes in contact with the other end. Now lay it out flat and tell me the length. I can figure the diameter from there.

Reason is some of the Voyagers had some larger bases and smaller ones.

The black your saying is flat no shine, if you can send me a couple pics I can show the powder coater.

Regards
Joe Norris
517-474-2663
[email protected]"

Maybe if we can get him this info, we can get risers that fit perfectly and not only in Chrome but also in Flat Black.

I'll click a pic and measure the riser and send it to him right away.
I sent Joe two pics of the riser on the bike, and the diameter of the riser shaft (1 3/16th).

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Great, post on here your measurements, like to compare with what you came up with.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Done, 1 and 3/16th"

Same here, now maybe Joe can make some flat black risers available along with the chrome ones he is now making.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Same here, now maybe Joe can make some flat black risers available along with the chrome ones he is now making.
He responded to my email, saying he would be in contact with his powdercoating source this week, then get back in touch with us with the info. Since powdercoating in substantially cheaper than chroming, I would hope the price will be a little less than the chrome ones. We will see.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Just got an email from Joe Norris at Chuckster Customs, he has several pairs of pull back risers at the powder coater this week, they will be all done in Black Satin to match the black satin on the Vaqueros and Voyager, plus he also has them in chrome for those who want them nice and shinny.

He will put a link and some pics on his web site hopefully by the middle of March, says they will rise and push back the bars just enough to give you a more comfortable riding position without having to replace your cables.

Am gonna get me a set as soon as he starts selling them in Satin Black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad i'm getting back into reading the forums, thanks for the info, i'll definately be keeping my eyes out for a set once he gets em up. Did he give a price for satin black? or did i miss it in my reading

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
No price yet per his emails to me, but probably something close to the chrome ones he makes, which sell for $ 70, hopefully a little cheaper since they did not have to be chromed, powder coating is usually a cheaper process.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts