Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Quick Question. Do the Puig Highway Bars use the most forward mounting holes that are used or interfere with the Extended Reach controls? Some say it does some say it doesn't. It's the only reason I went with the R&G Bars since they don't interfere with the Extended Reach Pegs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes they use the front holes they do not interfere with the forward controls
you need to take out a bolt on on gear pedal side ,I suggest you mark it first so shift lever goes back in same place

took me about 45 mins to do job

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Yes they use the front holes they do not interfere with the forward controls
you need to take out a bolt on on gear pedal side ,I suggest you mark it first so shift lever goes back in same place

took me about 45 mins to do job
So they use the same holes as the extended Reach controls? Hard for me to picture it. But as long as you can still use the extended reach controls I guess it's okay. I got the R&G which is very easy to install and doesn't come close to any of the peg mounts. But it is more expensive than the others on the market.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
So they use the same holes as the extended Reach controls? Hard for me to picture it. But as long as you can still use the extended reach controls I guess it's okay. I got the R&G which is very easy to install and doesn't come close to any of the peg mounts. But it is more expensive than the others on the market.

The R&G Guards are made stronger than any other guard for the Vulcan S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
The R.G crashers dont look as good as the Puig ones ,and I dont think they they are any stronger ,
I checked them out before buying the Puig ones

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I don't think the R&G Adventure bars look worse or better than the Puig. The main reason that I chose the R&G was because they didn't interfere with the forward controls and they were hands down the easiest bars to install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IMHO, the Puig ones look better also, which is why I threw the question out. Thanks all for the very useful info!

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
I am thinking very very hard. My comp/collis deductible is 250 and I get a new bike so...toss up I guess. I rarely do work on bike and sub it out. So no matter what I get I'm not installing. I spent over 100 bucks replacing all the stripped and broken bolts, screws on the bike from parrzilla. I over tighten too much even through I have torque wrenches. Just never seems tight enough. I'm OCD LOL

·
Registered
904 Posts
Don’t forget, in some instances, these bars can help save your legs also. I could care less about the bike. If it keeps it up off my legs instead of the bike on top of them and grinding them into the asphalt, they’re worth it to me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the Puig Engine Guards installed on my new KVS and later installed the Kawasaki stock light bar. Unfortunately, the Light Bar bit into the Engine Guards and created a deep scratch, taking off the black powder coat and some of the metal. I was able to trim the bottom of the light bar, and got everything working fine, and I touched up the scratch with some black paint. However, I am still left with a small gouge on both sides of my new Puig engine guards. The Puig Engine Guards do look nice on the bike, almost as if they were made for a KVS. If you put them on, just watch out if you are adding the Kawasaki light bar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@Victoria,
I had same problem with light bar ,I found if standing at front of bike I pushed down on light bar and rear of it came up away from crashbar,
so I took light bar off and put in vice bent it slightly and it now clears bars, you can't bend it on bike unless you take rubber mounting off

might able to bend it if bolted it back with out them ,then put them back on

Keith

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
So if I order these being on a scale of 1 to 5 and 5 being the hardest to install, I fall around mechanically in the area of "stupid" think I could install em'

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
So if I order these being on a scale of 1 to 5 and 5 being the hardest to install, I fall around mechanically in the area of "stupid" think I could install em'
If you want EASY install on a Highway bar get the R&G. I is hands down the easiest to install. I think I got mine on in less than 20 minutes. I personally like them a lot except they are a bit more expensive than the Puig. But I guarantee you the Puig will be more difficult to install than the R&G.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts