Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Just picked up my new 2009 Kawa Classic 900 and drove it home 91 miles. Took it easy of course and varied the speeds on the backroads from 45-60 mph. WHAT A MACHINE!!! ... I came off a Suzuki C50. Even new the 900 has loads more torque and power. I'm not just saying that cuz it's new. ;) . I read almost all the posts here up to page 25 and I just had to mention that you guys and gals helped me decide on the Kawasaki. I have saddleman saddlebags from Dennis Kirk, the specific mount ones, and am having the OEM 23" Kawa W/shield and backrest installed this weekend as part of the deal. Ordered Cobra passenger floorboards also. Am currently reasearching engine guards. Allready have the Kuryakyn footpegs off my old bike. At any rate, I joined because I wanted to thank you all for helping me decide and will post further on my observations. Just ordered Kuryakyn ISO grips. Read a post early on titled "ISO Grips" and peeling off the OEM grips seems real easy and just sliding on the Kuryakyns w/o dissassembly of the throttle cables was a huge help also. You PPL ROCK!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Congratulations, Stompers; I'm sure you're going to be happy with your new ride. Welcome to the group!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Share some pictures with us.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics

I plan on taking some pics and posting them after this weekend. Right now, it's a work in process with the accessories. So far I have the bags mounted, a showchrome clock and showchrome temp gauge mounted on each side of the bar clamps with a GPS mount in the center. OEM W/Shield and backrest this weekend and hopefully the Cobra passenger floorboards too. Will this ever end? I seriously doubt it!! ... LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hear you, Stompers -- I think I've spent about 50% of my bike purchase on accessories and there's still more I want.

Congrats on the new bike, though! :cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
bike

Congats on the new ride, I have learned so much from all the great members on here and have saved tons of $ from their advice too. I have spent many hours on here every night enjoying what others have done and put on their bikes. There are some serious riders on here putting on major miles on their bikes (more than I put on).
You might want to edit your signature and put your hometown on it so anyone in your area would know. I think it's neat to see where everyone lives throughout the country.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts