Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally did it. An 09 900 Custom in "Midnight Sapphire Blue". After the 4 miles for the dealer to home (which took 49 miles). I'm pleasantly suprise at the handling (not sport bike by any means), but a really very nice and enjoyable ride.

Now, to get used to not have rearsets, after years of rearsets and mid sets only!

Looking forward to a long relationship with "Amanda Grayson" (Spocks non Vulcan Mother) or "Traveller" (Robert E Lee's mount). ;)

Andy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Congrats Andy! You and I are in the same boat, er, bike. I just brought mine home on Monday of this week... up over 250 miles already! I'm still getting used to the sounds of it as it does sound a bit different than what I'm used to. Different whines, whirrs, and yes the ever-so-slight clunk when slowly letting the clutch out from a stop that has been mentioned on one of the other threads here. (Glad to read it's normal). Maybe it's partially the difference coming from a shaft-drive to the belt.

I'm going to some group rides coming up Friday and Saturday and it will be fun showing off the new machine. Anyway good luck with your new Custom!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
LOL! It sure didn't take you long to debadge!

Nice looking bike, Andy. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i came from sportbikes to the vulcan custom..and man...its a sweet ride...its actually handles quit well for a cruiser...thanks to the unitrack and the factory showa rear shock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts