Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had the Protac driver backrest on their 900? (Or other Vulcan) I have a 900 Calssic LT with a Mustang Seat, and I wanted to know how it looked, comfort level, and passenger comfort level.

Thanks!!!
Brichm03

·
Registered
273 Posts
i thought about buying one a while back, but when i got to looking at the pics of it, it looked like it was to straight to be comfy to me. not enough lean-back.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah I got one. They are great. Takes all the weight off your arms when going at speed. As to quality of build - the attachment part looks a little rough (i.e. home made looking) but you don't see that bit anyway. The visible part is polished SS and looks good - as does the backrest itself. It attached to my bike using existing bolts for the rack/sissy bar. You can pull the back rest straight out if you don't want it on as it just sits in position in a tube welded onto the bolted on attachments.
If you order they'll ask what height you are so presumably they adjust slightlly for rider height. There is no adjustment once made unlike some other brands (which cost a lot more). For me it sits pretty much perfect.

My passenger also likes it as she feels mure secure having the rest in front of her as well as the back rest behind her. No problems in her getting on or off the bike with driver rest in place. Actually makes it a bit easier as she uses it for leverage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it!!!

$154 shipped, and I'm thrilled. The backrest is awesome. It holds you in the seat, supports my lower back perfectly. I would highly recommend. The fit and finish is nice, it compliments my Mustang very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is another picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does anyone have a pic on how it mounts to the bike? I have a Wompus Rack and was curious if they will work together?

·
Registered
698 Posts
As it happens I have the bags off at the moment so the connection is easy to see. Just uses the 2 standard bolts which in my case also holds the rack/sissy bar. If you had bolt on panniers then u might need longer bolts.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts