Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Voyager and am currently in the break-in period. According to the manual, for the first 500 miles the rpm's should not exceed 2500. From 500-1000 miles, 3500.

The service department at the dealer recommended I ignore the manual and just be sure to vary the throttle.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got a brand new 2015, with aprox 800 kms. I was told nothing over 4000 rpm, and not to let it lug (no engine likes that). I'm still taking it easy, and just driving it in lots of different conditkons

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 2016 Voyager and am currently in the break-in period. According to the manual, for the first 500 miles the rpm's should not exceed 2500. From 500-1000 miles, 3500.

The service department at the dealer recommended I ignore the manual and just be sure to vary the throttle.

Thoughts?
My dealer/service department suggested the same. at 10 miles I had my ECU flashed and slips on's installed and BAK at 600 miles. Changed oil at 900 miles and now have 1800 zero issues

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I think I am going to have the ECU flashed now and then at 1000 miles add slip-on's and Power Commander.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks! I think I am going to have the ECU flashed now and then at 1000 miles add slip-on's and Power Commander.
no need for PC w/ flash most guts that have them have either removed them or have them zeroed out. save the money for a intake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also bought a new 2015 this year. I did go by the manual for the break in period but it was very hard because at those rpms the bike really does want to lug. I have 3000 km on it now and had no issues. Oil change at 1000km and changing over to Rottela T6 10w40 full syn. for the next oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts