Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Very soon I'm going to be doing some work on my bike, and I'm just wondering whether there is any big obstacles I am facing. I'm doing the epa removal, changing vacuum petcock to manual, changing intake to a spike intake (with spike removed and a UNI foam filter in the place of it. Reject the carb. Have 165, 170,175,180 main jets and 50 and 52 pilot. After market needle. Have V and H straight shots on it right now. Thanks for any information guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry didn't clarify. 2001 800A

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nothing too major. Read the Russian wolf guide a few times and make sure to have the right plugs, clamps, and spare hoses.

You should not need the jets 170 and up, so start with the 165. I found a 160 was best for me. Same for pilot, start at 50.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying . I've read Russian wolfs write ups I don't know how many times. I'm just that guy that does everything write except for 1 thing that screw's me Lol I was thinking the same with jetting. I am a little worried that I could get the "ram air effect" from my filter exposed though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts