Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has "upgraded" their rear suspension with the 465 from progressive suspension. Really curious if it really makes a big difference in the ride over the stock shock or if it is pretty much just the same thing but will set you back 500 bucks. Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I believe" MB Warner" has upgraded his, you coule try giving him a PM, for those that have done it on any bike, i have never heard anything less than postive feedback on the mod, however, it aint cheap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did the 465 series with the 1" drop. I love it. It made a huge difference. Lowering a little also changed my center of gravity too. For the better. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just installed last weekend, & was disappointed in the difference. I think the spring that comes with it is under sprung for a 200 lb rider. I also had to wait over 2 months for it. I plan to call progressive to see what they have to say about the spring being set @ the minimum length & still not being set stiff enough for me. It may make a small difference on the small bumps but the big ones are just as bad as before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sag adjustment

Trying to adjust the spring for the correct sag adjustment is a pain in the ass. The tool that comes in the box is almost worthless. I think I will weld a handle to the tool. It may work better. Any similar problems. Oh the ride is better, without a doubt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So is it a one spring fits all setup or do they build it for your weight like they do with mx suspensions?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Any further info?

Just wondering if there have been any additional updates or others that have installed this shock? Did it make a difference over stock? If so in what way? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Just installed last weekend, & was disappointed in the difference. I think the spring that comes with it is under sprung for a 200 lb rider. I also had to wait over 2 months for it. I plan to call progressive to see what they have to say about the spring being set @ the minimum length & still not being set stiff enough for me. It may make a small difference on the small bumps but the big ones are just as bad as before.
Progressive will tailor a spring for your weight and riding style. I'm surprised they didn't ask you these particulars when you ordered the shock. Contact them and they will sort this out for you. I'm quite satisified with their assistance. They have a live contact if you go online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts