Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a couple searches but didn't see any recent posts about this. Has anyone installed a progressive shock on their 900? As a solo I love my '07 Custom but even with the Mustang Wide Vintage Touring Seat my wife finds the bouncing around a bit much. I've tried adjusting the stock shock but even at the lightest setting it bumps pretty hard. I noticed the hard shock right from day 1, but as the driver it doesn't bother me. I've gone back to the center position but she's hinting that I should buy a Nomad.

I like the Nomad and the heavier bike might be the answer. Problem is I Love the 900 and I'd rather find a way to smooth out her ride a little.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I noticed someone on another forum said it was a big improvement.I am thinking about getting one myself.I didn't even think the stock shock was gas as it is no better than a regular shock.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hailrazer, Not only is it out of the question but I may be in trouble for simply READING your response!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
SteveJB i dont ride 2 up but i do have the progressive shock on my 07 custom (lowered 1 inch) and yes it does ride alot better then the stock shock. I was truly impressed and noticed a huge difference on my first ride

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
When you discuss progressive shocks, are you referring to the front forks or the rear shock under the seat? This is a fairly pricey mod. for the rear, (around $450 bucks, so before I spend the trinket money, I sure would like to know that the change is worth the cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts