Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Anyone here have progressive insurance for their 900?

I got a quote from them that was $300 less (for the year) than geico and allstate (who I have my autos with, weird).

So does anyone have any experience with Progressive?

Thanks,
truckie453

·
Registered
240 Posts
they are the cheapest i have been able to find. have both my bikes and my truck with them. 800/year for the truck and somewhere around 325ish for both bikes. everything has full coverage, bikes with 250 deductable and the truck with a 1000k deductable.

havent filed a claim in the years that ive had them, but from what I hear they are really hit and miss when it comes to paying out. meaning that ive talked to people that got a LOT more than what the bike/car booked for, and some really got reamed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I pay something like $10 or 11 a month. It helps to have USAA as your auto carrier and other aspects and also, being prior military. USAA uses Progressive for motorcycle insurance and I get discounts because of what I mentioned above. Only a month with them so too new to have +/- about them.

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have Progressive, I wrecked my bike back in October and they were great, they sent an adjuster out the very next day. He cut me a check for the damages within a few hours and said i can fix it myself or have a shop do it. I ended up doing the work myself and saved some money.....

About 2 months ago I found more damage underneath the rear end of the bike and had no trouble re-opening my claim - he ended up cutting me another check to replace the swingarm and belt.

I was worried about my rates going through the roof but they only went up about $2 a month.

I like progressive.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW...$344 dollars for full coverage, or $30 a month. State Farm is charging me $75 a month. I'll be switching this tomorrow...but I have heard that Progressive will drop you big time after one claim.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I use Progressive and only pay about $175 for full coverage with roadside assistance. Needed their services last November when someone pulled out in front of me and I side-swiped them (their fault). They did everything I needed help with and were very prompt.

·
Registered
306 Posts
one thing to consider with progressive is they do not cover a passenger unless that passenger is a licenced driver in your household.I only know that because my wife works for allstate and in formed me. with that said i have progressive for insurance, the wife is the only passenger so it works for me .

·
Registered
7 Posts
one thing to consider with progressive is they do not cover a passenger unless that passenger is a licenced driver in your household.I only know that because my wife works for allstate and in formed me. with that said i have progressive for insurance, the wife is the only passenger so it works for me .
I'm sorry but that simply isnt true

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info guys, I think I'll have to check them out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Progrssive was the first company i went with,cuz everybody else was about 50 to $150 more im payn a little over $300 full coverage for the year,plus they give you up to $3000 in aftermarket add ons they will cover as long as you show rceipts for it.overall im very happy with them and they seem to specialize in motorcycles anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought my '09 900 SE. Through the dealer with Progressive at $397/yr with roadside assistance.... About $34/mo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My "07" 900 was $200 more a year, with my auto insurance company. I have what I feel is excellent coverage for a little over $100 a year. No claims, and hopefully I'll never have to make one, but from what I've heard from others, they are a first rate company to work with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had progressive since 2006. I laid my 1600 classic down on Dec 20 '09 and spent 3 days in the hospital. progressive stepped in and worked with Ron's Kawasaki in Panama City to turn it back into a new bike. They paid for the replacement of all of the damaged accessories, including mustang passenger and rider seats and back rests and new Kawasaki chubby bags. I currently have three bikes insured by them.

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts