Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone out there.done progressive drop springs on a vaquero. Are they really drop in or do u have to remove the forks to.do so. Please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
progessive fork lowering springs

Just installed the progressive 10-2210 kit with 430 shocks.It's an easy install if you have a small 2 jaw puller to push down the fork caps while you remove the circlip.Bike sits 1 inch lower but the suspension is much firmer.You do not need to remove forks.Whole job done in one hour

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is this the same kit for the voyager ?

The stock suspension is way to bouncy

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Progressive-Suspension-10-2210-Drop-In-Lowering/dp/B0068EOKNK/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Kawasaki%7C729&Model=VN1700%20Vulcan%201700%20Vaquero%7C20199&Year=2013%7C2013&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=motorcycle[/ame]

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Believe the same princapal as with the 800. Had my brother push down on plug with a large screwdriver while I removed the clips. I removed the forks afterwards because I changed the fork oil also, and whole job took about 90 minutes. Neither of us had done this before.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't feel its bouncy at all.Soft yes, but you know there is a dampning adjustment on the rear shocks besides the preload?Go #3 if you want it firmer.I did try #4 but found it too firm.I throw my Voyager into corners like a sport bike and have no handling or bouncy wallow issues at all.Shocks at 25 to 30 psi solo riding.I would leave the height as stock for corner clearance if you are an aggressive rider like myself.I have some sport bike buddies that I ride with and they cannot believe how my Voyager handles.I have removed the trunk for better balance also,so I have a voyager Vaquero look.I just throw the trunk back on when the wifey comes along and ride a lot more conservative with her around.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't feel its bouncy at all.Soft yes, but you know there is a dampning adjustment on the rear shocks besides the preload?Go #3 if you want it firmer.I did try #4 but found it too firm.I throw my Voyager into corners like a sport bike and have no handling or bouncy wallow issues at all.Shocks at 25 to 30 psi solo riding.I would leave the height as stock for corner clearance if you are an aggressive rider like myself.I have some sport bike buddies that I ride with and they cannot believe how my Voyager handles.I have removed the trunk for better balance also,so I have a voyager Vaquero look.I just throw the trunk back on when the wifey comes along and ride a lot more conservative with her around.
-- Thanks i will adjust the preload then on mine. It is currently set at whatever the dealer set it at, same with the shock PSI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts