Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Progressive Suspension 465 series shock- 1inch lower - 465-117B
i gotta know, so someone please sort me out.
This shock is on sale for $450 Canadian, which is like $20 American........
I have read threads dated back to 2013 that say this is a wonderful shock, and really makes a difference in the ride.
I love the bike, but my back is terrible and I want a better shock that actually absorbs some bigger bumps.
I have adjusted the OEM shock to no avail. The settings make no difference for me. Still spine jarring.
I called Progressive, and they say they cannot guarantee that this part will work. Fort Nine in Canada says the same.
But like I said, many have used it to great success on this site.
Please.......someone who has any experience tell me if this shock will work! Some have also used the stock size Progressive 465 on this site.
Should I buy it or not????????????

·
Registered
12 Posts
If i understand it ocrrectly - we need 465-1170 shock.
But yesterday Progressive wrote me in email that they didnt produce anything for VN900.
I wrote them 10 minutes ago about that article, may be that error.
Hope they produce them...

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i understand it ocrrectly - we need 465-1170 shock.
But yesterday Progressive wrote me in email that they didnt produce anything for VN900.
I wrote them 10 minutes ago about that article, may be that error.
Hope they produce them...
I think they do buddy. What FortNine and Progressive told me was they can't "guarantee" it will fit, thye said if it does.....great!!! My guess is they have been fitting for a long time. They just never added VN900 to the list. The list is all Suzuki's, but if the measurement fits, it will work just fine.My main, excellent mechanic is gone for a few more days on an October ride. He quoted me a $499 shock. 30 years of experience, and alot with Vulcan's and Harley's, I gotta think he will know which will fit. Besides the stator fix a long time ago, this bike has not changed at all......let's hope one guy on the forum may be able to help; one guy already said he was sure he put a 465 on his custom, which would be the same as ours.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome.
Looks like winter will be hot to our bikes:)
When you try - please write here - what model of 465 shock you used and would it be bolt on, or need some tuning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts