Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the bike is slowly getting to where I would like it, added a few more items this spring: HD style lowers, floor board mounted hiway pegs, new grips and chrome wide style leavers.

the FLH fender project has hit a snag after finding out I cant use a 130/90-16 tire on the front, so looking into some different things for that, and still want to do either HD hard bags or some Road King classic leather bags:D

enjoy,

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Seems like it would just be easier to go buy a Hardley than to replace everything on the V2K with Hardly parts.
tru, tru,, butt then U'd be stuk with a hardley or even worse surrounded by hardly'ers.:skeleton:

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you make the auxiliary light brackets?
I did! :) I found the lights at a bike store one day and thought that they were awesome! Not like the normal aux lights, so I had to buy them, and then make the brackets, lol. At 55w they are great, driving at night is no issue with those on ;)

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like it would just be easier to go buy a Hardley than to replace everything on the V2K with Hardly parts.
Easier 'cept on the pocket book ;) I happen to think that a HD is a beautiful bike, and I don't doubt that one day I will have one in the stable, but there is so much going for the V2K that suits what I'm doing, it's the single bike I'm going to roll with for now. Everyone adds to their bikes and modifys them, I'm just doing mine around a HD theam.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Easier 'cept on the pocket book ;) I happen to think that a HD is a beautiful bike, and I don't doubt that one day I will have one in the stable,
with so many choices, and so much better product available, why would you limit yor aspirations to a mere hardley ableson?
if you was jus wanting some old skool styling,, injun offers the visuals, while delivering cutting edge, state art tech..
at least U'd be gettin yor moneys worth.. not just ponying up for hd klub status. poncho

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ponch, I have a big crush on the Indians too :)
rocky, good to read you have wider vision. many dont. ther is so much more better product available w/o buying into the country club,, er hd klub status. many seem to think its a top shelf product because of the price tag and so many otter lemmings go that direction. truth is its nothing more than sixteen layers of gorgeous paint and krome on nineteen fifty farm grade rust iron.. yes they are beautiful to behold. too many horror stories are wedded to that image. both personally and relational, i have plenty first hand accounts of disaster at the ready. you should not have to lay out that kind of really serious coin and get third grade product, just to wear a badge and be counted among a group of most conceited snobbs. you mite just as well go play golf at yor all white country club. poncho
ps. the older injun tribes dont fare any better. just they gott better iron.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Bike is looking good. For lowers, check here. I will be ordering a set of these.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ponch, the only Harley I'm interested in getting at this point is the one that got away from me as a young man, a '92 heritage. I was trying to buy it while I was posted in Germany and because of some semantics of the loan I wasent able to get, I wanted it so bad :(

But I always say that if I were to go drop over 20 large on a bike tomorrow, it would be from off the reservation .

Those lowers are definitely cool!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ponch, I have a big crush on the Indians too :)
roc'str,, i have weaned myself down to just 2 bikes.. dam this 12 step program is killing me.. current stable is jus this ol big chief Injun i save for xcountry trips.. i rode it 4x las year only got 12k smiles outa her.. and this new fandangled eye'tail'yon beauty is my day bike. shes gott some big guns falling out all over the place..

i do have this otter bike project sitting in my shop, waiting for me to finish/sell it. my ol roadstar. jus a beater bike, i traded my v2k to buddy for.. he needed a new project.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I don't think anyone makes a better looking bike than the new Indian Chieftain.

The sole exception is it's dashboard, which is eerily, horrifically reminiscent of those el-cheap-o korean bikes from Hyosung.

Indian Chieftan:

Hyosung:

Seriously. The lines in the plastic, cheap plastic chrome. I was so excited to test ride one and I looked at the dash and thought "What, they run out of time when it came to designing the dash?"

It was a SWEET ride though (minus the throttle lag).

I REALLY hope Indian brings the rest of the world into the 21st century. Electrically adjustable windshields, bluetooth, key fob for start, etc. Those shouldn't just be features of sport-touring motorcycles. Full-faired V-Twins shouldn't be left in the dust tech-wise!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Think I'm gonna replace the V2K with one of them goldwings cos they so darn good lookin.......................................................................heck NO!

man I must stop drinkin before noon. As you were.........V2K all the way. :)

Ando

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots going on with the bike these days. Since I last posted on here, I added the harley hard bags, project's for the winter, fix the engine, change the front wheel, get the FLH fender mod done, and add 16" apes.

Got all the parts now 'cept for the engine parts.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Rocnrol, I like your HD wheel. Some have had to shave a little off the brake callipers when installing 19" wheels, just FYI. It appears that the rotor bolts are more spaced out vs the 18" wheel. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 90 Posts