Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2004 vulcan nomad 1500. The guy i bought it from said it had been setting for a year. Well i bought a battery for it it started right up and i rode it probably 5 or 6 times on short rides only a few mile at a time. I know i should have had it service first but i didnt. Well i decided to ride to the lake the trip is about 60 miles. On the way there it kinda sputtered once or twice didnt think nothing of it. On the way back it started doing t really bad. It was cuttin out tryin to die so i would pull in the clutch and give it alot of throttle and it would go back to runnin fine then do it again. I am goin to have plugs and oil changed. It sound to me like it wasnt gettin enough fuel could it possibly be clogged fuel filter due to something in gas tank from setting so long. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i will do that. It will probably be friday as i am out of town at the moment. i appreciate your help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Plugs, check and replace all fluids.

This sounds like a battery/electrical problem. Bad alternator? See if you can get it tested at an auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts