Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 VN750. Having truble with it. I can't get it to run correctly. The front cylinder is not firing right, and bike will not run without chock being on. Anybody know what may be cousing this?
There seems to be spark and seems to be getting gas, and seems to have good compression, so what else is there? Appecciate any help.
Thank you
Bjrunningbear

·
Banned
21 Posts
I have a 1989 VN750. Having truble with it. I can't get it to run correctly. The front cylinder is not firing right, and bike will not run without chock being on. Anybody know what may be cousing this?
There seems to be spark and seems to be getting gas, and seems to have good compression, so what else is there? Appecciate any help.
Thank you
Bjrunningbear
check the front cylinder spark plug boots... sounds like you have a small crack or some way that spark is leaking out of the wires... try running the bike and removing the front spark plug wires. for some reason the right one is the one that cracks most commonly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check what slim said,If you take the wire off and the bike runs the same thats the plug that is not firing.If you've got spark leak( I found one on mine today ) just tape the shit out of it with electrical tape until you can get new wires, I live in Hawaii where it's hard to find parts and shipping costs too much. Check your battery voltage, or Check for a vacuum leak at the front carb holder if it's not the plug wire or battery, spray some carb cleaner on the front carb holder while the bike is running if the rpm changes you've got a leak.
BTW I always keep one of my old plugs for shit like this, you can pull the plug wire and put the old plug in to see if that wire is getting spark. At least you don't have to take the plugs out to check the wires.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gas gas gas

Check your idle control. Round knob below gas tank. between end of gas tank and front of seat. Other than that...big shot in the dark. maybe bad gas IE: old gas or water condensation in gas tank. I gas I could be wrong.:D If I am way off here you can shoot me:eek: or ignore me.:rolleyes: ha-ha-ha
Thank you
Ray
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts