Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i noticed an issue with my tail light this morning as i was warming up my bike before ueading to work. about once a week i check to make sure all turn signals and tail light are working properly. signals were fine, but noticed a problem with the tail light after checking the footbrake. the brake light goes on when footbrake is applied but does not go off when released. the only way i was able to get the light to go off is by giving the foot peddle a little tug backwards. This only happens with the foot brake is applied. i havent done anything to the bike lately but give it a light hosedown the other day. Has anyone had a similar expirence with their rides.

thank you

·
Registered
102 Posts
This happened to me late last year and over the winter I worked to fix it. It turns out the brake light switch, which is located behind the bracket that holds the pedal in place was not springing back completely, a common issue caused by dirt. The switch can be easily replaced and is inexpensive, but I just sprayed a bunch of WD40 (you're supposed to use electric cleaner/lube stuff)..I messed around with the spring..eventually it just started working after I started riding the bike this season..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts