Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem with 1st bike vulcan 900 classic
Hello all. Just bought my first bike, its a second hand 06 vulcan 900 classic. Previous Owner already added a backrest, saddlebags, windshield, iso grips and cobra pipes. Rode it a few times already and I love the bike. Noticed a few issues that I hope you guys can help me out:

1. top pipe gets hot quick...in a few minutes. Lower pipe keeps cool to touch. Top pipe very hot.
2. When I filled up the tank, I noticed that the bike stalls and there is popping from the exhaust, a friend of my noticed a ball of flame coming out of the top pipe sometimes when it pops.
3. Noticed that there would be a burst of mild accelaration even if the throttle remained steady, not all of the time but its occurs sometimes.

Need help!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Almost sounds like it may only be running on 1 cylinder most of the time but the other cylinder occasionally fires and that could be the surge of mild acceleration you feel.
I would check to be sure that the air filter is clean and take a look at the spark plug wires to be sure they are tightly seated onto the plugs and that all wires connections under the tank and hoses are connected properly. If they seem ok and it still is running bad I would remove the spark plugs and see what they look like. If the plug that is running through the pipe that is cold is black or soaking wet with fuel or oil I would replace both plugs and try it again. How many miles are on the bike? Was it ever running right since you have owned it? Has it ever had a valve adjust or records of other maintenance that has been done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts