Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

New problem today, I hope I can get some tips from you guys/gals.

I'm having trouble down-shifting. When I press the shifter it won't come back all the way, therefore not allowing to down shift again. Unless I help it a bit by nudging it up with my foot. Then I can down shift to the next gear but then the same thing happens. Happens at all gears.

I considered that it could just be friction at the lever and lubed the hell out of it but no change. It seems it's coming from the transmission itself.

Shifting up is fine, but sometimes it does stick a bit, although infrequently.

Any info is appreciated.

thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
When was your last oil change and how many miles on the bike? I can notice my Classic shifting better with fresh oil and about once every 2,000 shifts it kind of sticks down but once I touch it its fine again. I love the way mine shifts with fresh Amsoil Synthetic oil...it just feels slippery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When was your last oil change and how many miles on the bike? I can notice my Classic shifting better with fresh oil and about once every 2,000 shifts it kind of sticks down but once I touch it its fine again. I love the way mine shifts with fresh Amsoil Synthetic oil...it just feels slippery.
45000 km (28k miles), last oil change was 1500 km ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts