Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have ever had to replace the primary chain?? Im starting to get a reasonable amount of noise from my 04 , @ 40,000mi

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
That rkd-3!
That rkd-3!
He's always asking questions,
that rkd-3.

Have ever had to replace that chain?

I have not
rkd-3.
I have not
replaced that chain.

Have you replaced it Here or There?

I have not replaced it
here or there.
I have not replaced it anywhere.
Mine has never broken,
rkd-3.

Have you replaced it
in the rain?
Have you replaced it
on a train?

Not in the rain! Not on a train!
No, I have not replaced that chain.

(some of us are bored at work and have to much free time)

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Smed, I believe that was the highlight of my morning.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Well, I stand corrected, good on you. Much respect for being a single parent, I don't know how you guys (and gals) do it. Mine are 11, 9 and 6 and no way could I do it myself.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I've never been inside the VN2000 primary but on others I have been into there is a shoe (Small plastic piece about 3 - 4 inches long) that can be adjusted to take up slack in the primary as it stretches. Have you consulted the manual about any adjustments?

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I stand corrected, good on you. Much respect for being a single parent, I don't know how you guys (and gals) do it. Mine are 11, 9 and 6 and no way could I do it myself.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I've never been inside the VN2000 primary but on others I have been into there is a shoe (Small plastic piece about 3 - 4 inches long) that can be adjusted to take up slack in the primary as it stretches. Have you consulted the manual about any adjustments?
No I havent consulted anyone, was just out for a ride the other day & noticed a different buzzing coming from the cover area. I also tried rocking the bike back & forth while in first gear & there is definitely some slop in the chain. But then I expect there to be. I havent exactly babied this bike & it has gotten worse since the resistor mod ! LOL
Its not big money ,{ $133/chain + $33 /gskt.} & I suspect it wouldnt be terrible to change either. I was just wondering if anyone had done it as yet?

BTW , mine are 29 & 24 !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow this thread got hijacked by a couple of meat heads talking about how wonderfuf thire are and not on topic. Kyrocket and smedlin if you doint like his questions doint read them. I know you two probley say some smart ass remark but i doint care.

rkd2.3 mine has a loud slap noise in the morning, and the noise come and goes. i am not too worried about. I think its part of the bike sole. Its been doing it for a few years now. i do belive there no ajusting of that chain. It streches after time and just loosens up and becomes chain slap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts