Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new to me bike 07 900 custom. I want to replace the pipes which are a mess with a new set of stock pipes. I have not been able to find the price. I have been offered a set for $250 does that seem fair. They have never been used.

·
Registered
761 Posts
You can probably find a set cheaper than that.Post a want ad in the classified section.Price of new will be outrageous,I'm sure.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have seen stock pipes any where from free (you pay shipping) to 100 bucks. Right now there are 2 sets for sale on craigslist in Iowa one asking 100 the other 50

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Oh, and going by this, it's about $1800, not counting any of the mounting hardware that you might need.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hey Spinner ... if you put your location up with your handle, you never know someone close may pony up one .... just a thought.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where ya located, Spinner?
Toronto, I bought a good mechanical bike with some visual problems. The pipes work fine and I was in no hurry - I have brakes oil rad to do. The ones I found came of the bike at the dealer and have been boxed since. Turns out they are move out west and I have to get them tomorrow. I offered to send the money if they could find a friend to hold them. We will see. So far very time I have had a chance to do the work I went riding instead!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
YIKES,,, your pic is upside down!!! I have a red, but will be painting blue when i finally get hard bags...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up a new to me bike 07 900 custom. I want to replace the pipes which are a mess with a new set of stock pipes. I have not been able to find the price. I have been offered a set for $250 does that seem fair. They have never been used.
I picked up a 2011 900 Classic LT last year with only 100 miles on it, and I replaced the stock pipes with ones from Cobra, so the stock pipes I have are basically brand new. You can have them for $150 plus shipping...... I also have the stock saddle bags too that only had 100 miles on them before I replaced them with larger ones I had from my VN750.

Let me know if you're interested.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can have them for $150 plus shipping...... I also have the stock saddle bags too that only had 100 miles on them before I replaced them with larger ones I had from my VN750.

Let me know if you're interested.....
Thank you for you offer, shipping will be a killer to Toronto. The pipes for $250 are only an hour away from me :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got lucky the guys with the pipes are going to deliver them to me. I was at our local Kawi dealer picking up throttle cables, a Mephis bullet and some other odds and ends so I price an new set of kawi pipes - for both they want $1200 plus taxes.....$250 is a bargin :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts