Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at a non abs 2010 voyager with 41000 kms newer tires runs and rides decent no upgrades.

What is a fair price?

Thanks Terry

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
You're up in Canada, I'd suggest checking whatever motorcycle value guide you prefer (like NADA or Kelly Blue Book) specific to your area.

According to the "Canadian Blue Book", values for that bike are between $9,200 and $10,200 (both values CAD). The low end would represent a bike with minor mechanical issues, worn tires, and cosmetic blemishes (like stone chips and a deep scratch or two). A bike that has major mechanical issues or damage would be worth less than that. The high end represents a bike that is in excellent condition; that's cosmetically and mechanically perfect and has tires with more than half their life left.

Note that accessories don't significantly contribute to the value of a motorcycle. They think they're adding value by selling it with the bike, what they are actually doing is forcing you to ALSO buy all their other used junk. Accessories should generally be free or nominal; to sweeten the deal. Otherwise, they should be sold separately. Again, if I'm going to pay for a bunch of used accessories, I'll go on eBay and pick them out myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
looking at a non abs 2010 voyager with 41000 kms newer tires runs and rides decent no upgrades.

What is a fair price?

Thanks Terry
Hey man, I think I talked to you before. I bought my 2013 Voyager from Echo Cycle about 3 months ago. It is non-ABS and it had 7200 kms on it. I got it for $11,999.00. I feel I got a good deal. Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bought my 2012 Voyager non abs last year. It had a little over 10k miles and I think I paid $10,500.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Bought my 09 Voyager fall of 2013 with 2200 miles on it for $9000. Immaculate / new condition...
great story behind that purchase.. sometimes I wonder if he's still married to the girl....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the input it looks like the stuff currently is priced a little high in the north. Will keep looking for a while

1 - 10 of 10 Posts