Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people. Over the past month I've been working a lot on my 12' VN 900 classic bobber project. Everything I've done so far has been done myself. I've removed both fenders, mounted a side mount lisence plate bracket. Installed new turn signals. Homemade a seat pan out of an old street sign. Installed Tracker bars from bitwell. Cut the exhaust right before it goes into the larger 3" portion leaving them short straight pipes. Super load by the way. I also wrapped them with black exhaust wrap. I've painted a number of parts on the bike, well at least the ones that are left. There are a few other things that I want to do, its just a matter of time. I'd love to post pics, but am unable to from my phone. If anyone wants to see its current state, send me a msg with your email and I'll get them to you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Is there anyway you can post the pictures from a computer by connecting your phone to it? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to see the beginning, the process, and the finished product of your project.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could. Unfortunately I don't have a computer. I can email anyone pictures if they wanted to see the bike. I'm not sure everyone would dig it, but I sure as heck do. I would like to put my bike up for bike of the month, so I might have to hit up a library or something.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally figured out how to post pictures from my phone. Here are a few photos for everyone to check out. Since these photos were taken I've started sanding the paint off the gas tank.
IMG_20140319_184707_316.jpg

IMG_20140319_183851_685.jpg

IMG_20140319_183840_265.jpg

IMG_20140319_183829_394.jpg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go back to the white and charcoal grey. After looking at pics of the bike when the tank was still painted, I really like the sides of the tank being white. However, I'm going to go with a flat white and flat grey. I see too many bikes that are all flat black so on gonna stay away from that route.I love the all black look, but I want to be a little bit different. Now that I figured out how to post pictures, I keep them coming

·
Registered
578 Posts
Do you have your floor boards backwards on purpose?

·
Registered
578 Posts
The little skid pads on the bottom go towards the rear. Yours may be on backwards too, it was a common error from the dealers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Real nice stance you've got on that bike. I never really pictured these bikes as bobbers, but it looks real good!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Love the bike, if it were me I would rotate the pipes to a lower stance. Look at pic 4 closely, For me it throws of the flow with the pipes tilted upward, or is it just me?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a little update on my progress. I cut the exhaust just before the mufflers. If you want loud pipes, this will do it for you. Be warned though, they are ridiculously loud. I've also sanded down the tank and let the metal develop a nice coating of rust. I'm planning on clear coating it in the next few weeks. Lastly I have found s really cool licence plate braket with tail light attached. The tail light really works with the look I'm going for. IMG_20140530_073821_866.jpg

IMG_20140530_073814_158.jpg

IMG_20140530_073801_991.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like it looks good. cant wait to see how the tank turns out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts