Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to support the site by becoming a premium member. However, I do not have a PayPal account nor do I want one. I am well aware that the aforementioned comment sounds absurd in 2017, however I refuse to signup or open a PayPal account regardless of it being free.

With that being said, I find it odd that I cannot pay the $15 without opening a PayPal account. There should certainly be another option for the few that do not have PayPal accounts.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you could make a payment via PayPal without having to open an account.
That is something I've done in the past for purchases. However, for this site, following the links presented to pay, presents only the options to login to an existing account to pay or to create an account to pay (i.e. There is no guest payment option).

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Paypal is set for auto-renewal in the yearly subscription which is why there's no option for using credit card. but if you select the lifetime membership, you can use credit card via paypal (no need to have a paypal account.)

Lee

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paypal is set for auto-renewal in the yearly subscription which is why there's no option for using credit card. but if you select the lifetime membership, you can use credit card via paypal (no need to have a paypal account.)

Lee
I'm not sure how I feel about a site having automatic renewals. I'd rather get an email stating that my subscription is coming to an end and premium benefits would revert to free account status if the subscription is not renewed with an overview of what those benefits were.

It's guaranteed that in a year from now, I would've forgotten that I had a subscription.

·
Administrator
438 Posts
You can remove any auto-renewals from within PayPal.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
3. Click My money.
4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
5. Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

Thanks,
- JB

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can remove any auto-renewals from within PayPal.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
3. Click My money.
4. Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
5. Click Cancel, Cancel automatic billing, or Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

Thanks,
- JB
Which, once again, requires a PayPal account.

Shouldn't the user be able to decide at the time of signup whether he/she wants to signup for automatic renewals?

Option 1) Auto-Renew (Requires PayPal Account)
Option 2) Non-Renewing, must manually renew or lose premium benefits

That would make more sense to someone like myself who doesn't want to create a PayPal account just for the sake of canceling the sole purpose of creating one to begin with.

·
Administrator
438 Posts
Hey there,

You can make a one time payment without needing to create a PayPal account if you use the express check out as seen here:

PayPalExpress.JPG

Have you given that a try and see if that works for you? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Natalie

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there,

You can make a one time payment without needing to create a PayPal account if you use the express check out as seen here:

[iurl="http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=200410&d=1502481518"]
[/iurl]

Have you given that a try and see if that works for you? Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
Natalie
Hi Natalie,

Yes, I've tried that option. It defaults to saying a PayPal account is required for the purchase. The only option that a PayPal account is not required is the Lifetime membership option.

Attachments

·
Administrator
438 Posts
You could always opt for the lifetime membership if you wish to not make a PayPal account. It's only $40 whereas the Premium is $15/yr and if you were to do 2 years, that's already $30. What's $10 more for life?

Otherwise, you'll need to create an account for someone you may use only once/twice (yearly subscription). The choice is yours.

Cheers,
Natalie :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts