Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed a Cobra PowrFlo air intake and Cobra Fi2000 PowerPro tuner. I stall have the stock exhaust on my 2013 Classic and noticed that I can hear the combustion sound coming from the front of the air intake. Just wondering if this is normal. I did check to make sure I had the air filter correctly installed and everything seems fine there.

This sound isn't going to matter after I install some Road Burner 3" Drag Pros because I doubt I will be able to hear it then. ;)

I'll post pics once I get the new pipes installed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sounds like the exhaust backpressure is making some noise out the intake side, once you get a un-restricted exhaust system, all should be well, this is quite common on cars with plugged exhaust problems, will hear subtle backfire sounds through intake

·
Registered
529 Posts
I did mine all at once. Go ahead and get those road burners on there. After that all you can hear is that little throttle body sucking air for all its worth. That and 42mpg's which is the best I have done so far. Probably because it so fun to whack the throttle now. Keep your sub throttle plates in if you want smoothness down low and less vibes at highway speed.

I think you said you were doing the Cobra FI2000r not the auto tuner correct? Start with 2-1.5-1 and tell me how you like that. Its about the best I could get with mine after much tinkering. Also don't forget to do the marble mod. I switched off to the Auto Tuner now trying to get rid of my last little bit of decal popping, but its actually slightly worse some days with the AT than with the FI2000r. So the fuel is spot on with that setting according to by butt dyno. You WILL be faster than folks with the auto tune on 2-1.5-1, but I never got a dyno to determine if it was a proper AFR. That's my opinion since I have ran both.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you said you were doing the Cobra FI2000r not the auto tuner correct?
I went with the auto tuner because I didn't want to have to futz with settings. So no adjustments possible with the unit I have.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I went with the auto tuner because I didn't want to have to futz with settings. So no adjustments possible with the unit I have.
Ok yea that's what I ended up with. I just couldn't stand it not knowing if my AFR was correct or not. Your going to love it when you fire that thing up. Have someone video tape your reaction when you fire that thing up. Do it in your garage or something where you can get some extra reverbs. It will shock you.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Have someone video tape your reaction when you fire that thing up. Do it in your garage or something where you can get some extra reverbs. It will shock you.
I didn't video the first start-up after install but had a big smile on my face. I had an even bigger smile on after laying on the throttle out of an intersection (waaaaay away from my neighborhood). As expected, any combustion noise from the PowrFlo is inaudible compared to the pipes. I will likely install some SmartPartz Hard Kore baffles to hopefully knock a few decibels off the cruising volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts