Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the more seasoned people out there. I have this lift: https://www.amazon.com/PowerZone-380047-1700-Hydraulic-Motorcycle/dp/B003UM9GDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1495202437&sr=1-1&keywords=powerzone+1700

I have read on this forum that it is wise to use spacers to lift the 800, hockey pucks were recommended on a few posts. I picked up a set of several pucks. What amount of them do you all think I will need to get the bike level and clear any parts hanging below the frame? For example: 2 under the front, 1 under the rear? 1 under each each?

I'm completely new to motorcycle maintenance, obviously, and don't want to mess up the basics if I can help it. Planning on changing the oil in my bike later today/this weekend as I have no idea how long the previous owner let it sit since last change.

I do have Rhino tie downs and loops so I'm hoping I can manage to do it without dropping the bike off the lift... :surprise:

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I've discovered the lift is not wide enough for the bike's frame. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi Cs,

I used the Habor Freight bike lift that looks like the on you added the link to but I do not know if it is the same length as yours.

If you need a few more inches to reach the frame I would buyt angle iron from Home Depot and drill a hole that matches up with the bolts on your jack to give you the length needed. Also, are you able to put the jack further under the bike? I don't have pictures but I'm sure you can find pics if you google search it.

Just and FYI in case you can return the lift you bought. I have and still use the $20 lift I made, it's secure and you can move it towards the front or rear depending where you are working. You can add eye bolts if you feel better using a tie down. Good luck.

$20 Bike Lift

Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts