Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed these, and if so what is the actual weight/performance difference between the two? I am also planning on the VH Fuel Pack. Thanks for your comments in advance.....Vegas

·
Registered
8 Posts
powershots

i installed them i'm not sure what the weight difference is but i can tell you from picking both up there was a big difference in the weight. the stock pipes weigh a ton. as far as performance you really don't notice a difference with a pipe change unless you do a free flowing air cleaner with it. with this bike you'll need a fuel unit to add more fuel to the system. i ran it with a hypercharger and the powershots before i got a fuel pack and it ran fine but the exhaust popped alot. it runs to lean like this.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am sure, that you will like this.

Project V2K: Motorcycle Cruiser Magazine's Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Makeover

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/custom/kawasaki_vulcan_2000_custom/index.html

The next obvious place to remove excess poundage was the exhaust system. We looked around and found a svelte system in Cobra's catalog. The Speedster Shorts had the slim look we wanted, and the folks at Cobra said we'd be more than happy with the performance increase. Regular Motorcycle Cruiser readers are familiar with our aversion to overly loud pipes, so we were happy when the friendly Cobra representative said the pipes wouldn't offend our delicate sensibilities. A few days passed and a box arrived in our garage. The stock system, all 36 pounds of it, was already in the corner gathering dust. We immediately mounted the Cobra system. Now the V2K was another 16 pounds lighter and had an amazing exhaust note to boot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts