Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first real post so...hey.

Business: I bought a power pro that came off a wrecked vulcan 900. I was able to track down and purchase the necessary connectors to make it look factory and so I don't have to cut into my factory harness. If any of you are curious you can find them through google. "Denso mt 090". sealed. 2 pin. mine are top rib.

What I still need is to know which wires go where. I have white red blue green and a yellowish brown? I'd really appreciate any help yall could offer.

Thank you

·
Registered
529 Posts
If nobody replies I will try to snap you a pic tonight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did get the manual from cobra site but it doesn't show wire color. I thought about calling them but I wanted to help contribute to the site. If I or someone else gets the answer they can put it and maybe help someone else later.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heavy, sorry for the delay but I didn't get the pic last night. I will try to get it tonight and post when I get home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the power pro in hand. I opened the case. Here is what I know.

6 wires. Brown grey green blue black and red

On the circuit board the are marked as follows

Brown _ ECU 1
Grey _ INJ 1
Green _ ECU 2
Blue_INJ 2
Black _ ND
Red_ +12

Obviously the black goes to the battery. I'm trying to work out the path for others. Will update with more. Also waiting to hear back from cobra.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the power pro in hand. I opened the case. Here is what I know.

6 wires. Brown grey green blue black and red

On the circuit board the are marked as follows

Brown _ ECU 1
Grey _ INJ 1
Green _ ECU 2
Blue_INJ 2
Black _ ND
Red_ +12

Obviously the black goes to the battery. I'm trying to work out the path for others. Will update with more. Also waiting to hear back from cobra.
Headed to the garage right now to get the wiring for you.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Rear pot with connector facing tab up, mouth of connector away from you. From left to right Red, grey. Rear connector that connects to stock wiring harness, brown, red.

Front pot same orientation red , blue. Front connector that connects to stock wiring harness, green, red.

Let me know if you need more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wanted to update on this ptoject. I am happy to say it was a success. Thanks to the poster above for the info on the wiring. I never did hear from cobra but I can only assume that it was probably a liability for them.

I did learn a few things. The board itself has few interesting items. Number one to access the board you simply turn the black square thing that the wires come out of and the box will pop open.

Inside you will find a blue pot with an adjustment dial. Here you can tune the fuel a little higher or lower. I bought my power pro used. I assume it's at the current factory setting and that's where I will leave it.

Where the harness hooks to the board is a 6 pin connector for the ECU, the injectors, a ground,and a 12 volt supply. It also has unused points labeled o2-1 in and out and o2 -2 in and out. A savvy person could desolate the 6 pin connector and install a 10 pin and build a new harness to include o2 sensors.

There is a another connection on the side that is labeled tx,rx, tach and a couple others I can remember. So I guess if you wanted you could include quite a few things in the fuel calculations. I don't recommend any of the above simply because I haven't done it a will not be held responsible if you ruin you bike or power pro.

I wired mine up exactly like the poster above suggested and it worked the first time. I ran all of the red leads to the 12 volt wire on the power pro.

I will be rebuilding this harness. While it works I used doorbell wire. Only after the fact was I able to find a 6 wire spool with colors to match up to factory. Also since all of the red leads got to the same place I will be daisy chaining them to remove a lot of bulk from the harness I built. I did ever thing with factory connectors I bought for Corsa Technic. The connectors were 17. 95 including shipping. I received mine in 2 days. The connectors themselves were like 3 bucks each.

I'd like to thank any who helped or even read this. I really appreciate it and look forward to my time on this forum. I will update this post one more time once I'm at a desktop and can post pics.

Thanks.
Dan

·
Registered
529 Posts
Glad it all worked out for you Dan, without knowing it you have helped me as well. After reading your post I remembered that someone told me a while back there is actually an adjustment on the power pro. So I went down last night and made a minor tweak rotating the dial one hash mark to the right or clockwise. There are a bunch of little marks so I didn't move it far but wow what a difference. Rode the bike to work today 30 miles and other than the fact that when I started it up this morning I didn't get the high idle which kind of concerns me, the bike ran fantastic. Previously on deceleration, if I pull in the clutch quickly I would get some backfire. Also I would get some backfires if I barely rolled on/off the throttle going down hills. Those are 99.9% gone now if not completely resolved. Bike is noticeably smoother, so much so that it kind of threw me off. I have a particular hill I always pull in 4th so that I can get plenty of power to accelerate. Today I pulled it in 5th and when I tried to shift at the top I realized I have almost as much power in 5th than I did in 4th previously. Such a small change has put this bike in its sweet spot. It must have been slightly lean before. It's so perfect I may mess with it some more just to confirm there isn't something even better available in the adjustment. Thanks for the reminder. Cant get the grin off my face.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts